We are pleased to announce that we will be creating a Tuesday's Children exhibit at the Tribute WTC Visitor Center. Our art exhibit will be a collaboration of children's art titled "Postcards for Peace". Licensed Creative Arts Therapist, Stephanie Wise, will be working with Tuesday's Children to represent a celebration of hope for the world.
Children, ages 4-18, that are registered with Tuesday's Children will be invited to create decorative postcards with images of their hopes for a peaceful and loving world. Our goal is to support the natural resiliency of children while at the same time utilize a common format-the postcard-to communicate varying views of optimism they have about the present and future.
Families have the choice to participate in the group session, on July 13th, 2011 at 6:00pm with Stephanie and the Tuesday's Children team or to request a packet to create the art in their home and return to Tuesday's Children before August 8th. We encourage children to attend the session to interact with the art therapist and the other children contributing to the project.
The following are guidelines and information for the project:
- All postcards must be received no later than August 8th , 2011 to ensure their inclusion in the project.
- Art materials will be available for children to adorn large format postcards at the session. Children are welcome to use any art media tools to create their work as long as it is on the postcard.
- Postcards will be collected and put together on an exhibit to create a large mosaic of imagery.
- Each participating child's first name and age will be listed underneath the project.
- Please be mindful that these postcards are a message of hope and peace. We reserve the right to not include a postcard should they be deemed inappropriate for this exhibit.
The exhibit will be installed and ready to view on August 20th, 2011. We thank the Tribute Center for partnering with Tuesday's Children to bring together the art of our children and exhibit it for others to view and reflect upon.